Today, 1th of June Google brain team committed new code in public.
There are some interesting points:
1) High level APIs will be presented as a separate SwiftPM package under github.com/tensorflow.
High level APIs were added earlier purely to explore the programming model, not to be usable by anyone. Having high level APIs be part of the stdlib module conveys a wrong message for beta testers, and it has been confusing ever since our open source release.
2) Supporting Python code is one of priority:
- Improved Python diagnostics related to member access.
- Improved Python C API functions for binary arithmetic operations.
3) Improved cross-device sends and receives support.
4) Lots of work done around supporting generic @dynamicCallable methods.